Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our New(ish) House














Obviously, this photo was taken a while ago-- the leaves on the street trees are all gone (raked up and disposed of by me-- made me miss our compost bin back in Pittsburgh).  It's a cute (read: small) bungalow that fits the six of us nicely (two adults, one toddler and three cats).  Tenth Street is a great street... the first month we were all here, our neighbors hosted a pot luck dinner and we met the rest of the 10th Street crew.  All very nice people and a number of kids.  Oddly, on Google Streetview, Tenth Street is the only street omitted in our neighborhood--- we live in the Bermuda Triangle.

So the blog title, with apologies to Bruce Springsteen, is a nod to the current hiring freeze at my prospective employer.  Once it thaws, I will hopefully be gainfully employed and professionally satisfied in ways I've never dreamed of... and probably not blogging. I have an obscene amount of time on my hands these days.  We'll see what happens when the freeze thaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment