Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The kitchen

Our kitchen is a mixed bag... it's big and sunny, but no dishwasher, no garbage disposal and the counters come up to my knees.  I'm pretty pleased with my organization in here.  The rolling shelves and bakers rack were good additions.  So far, I made some decent meals in here-- a productive use for all my free time while I wait for my job to thaw out.  The chalkboard has worked especially well for grocery reminders. I saw a post on The Kitchn a while back where the people used a white board divided into 4 sections: one for stuff to buy; one for stuff to use up before it goes bad; one for things they'd like to cook; and one I forget.  Or something like that-- it seemed very complicated to me, but in a smart way that probably translates into fewer vegetables liquifying in the crisper and more thoughtful, inventive meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment