Monday, December 29, 2008

December's Cookie of the Month: Chewy Ginger Snaps


Before Christmas, I made some cookies while Dad and Karen watched Peter.  I got the recipe from a link off the Kitchn: chewy ginger snaps.  The recipe was easy and the results looked professional and tasted great.  Mine flattened out more than the picture on the website, but stayed chewy and very ginger-snappy. Actually, they tasted almost exactly like my favorite Starbucks molasses cookie only smaller.  Definitely recommend making them-- B. took some to work and said they were a big hit with his co-workers. (Although I suspect he may have eaten more than his fair share...)  Of course, now I think I need a Kitchen-Aid standing mixer for all of my future baking endeavors, but that will have to wait until Christmas '09.  And a bigger kitchen that can accommodate the extra appliances.  The verdict: 8 out of 10.  Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment