Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hooray...DIY Textile Design!

Today's NYT had an article about a company in NC that will produce your homespun textile designs... it's too good to be true!  The fabric selection is limited, but they plan to have more options soon, so I'm one step closer to designing my own upholstery fabric to recover my grandmother's rocking chair (currently covered in a fairly hideous mauve floral print-- not my bag).  Now if I can find someone who will take that textile design and make a laminated or rubberized canvas, I'll be able to build my handbag design empire...

1 comment:

  1. I was just reading somewhere that DIY fabric design is really ramping up. I think there are a few companies that do this now, but I haven't been able to look into it. Also, you can buy iron-on vinyl to rubberize fabrics. One of my next sewing projects--a travel jewelry case--uses iron-on vinyl. I'm excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete